|Job Title: Associate Director – Partnership and Strategic Planning
Who is Starcom:
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We are powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of benefits rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
If you are an ambitious goal-setter who is obsessed with the art and science of data, technology and innovation, we want you!
What You’ll Do:
This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader on a newly created partnership and carrier team, responsible for creative and strategic planning across all U.S. lines of business for Samsung, one of our agency’s most high profile accounts.
Samsung has evolved to be a world-class corporation with businesses that spans across mobile, home electronics, advanced technologies, finance, and more. This is a high paced but highly rewarding account. We are looking for people who are passionate not just for the agency that they work for but for the client that they manage.
Though not all-inclusive, here are some of the key things that you may focus on as an Associate Director on the partnership and planning strategic practice for Samsung, serving all U.S. branding and product needs:
- Craft creative strategies for high investment partnership deals with publishers across all major media types
- Lead the ideation, development, creative vision and oversee production of partnership programs
- Work closely with clients, media partners (networks, content studios, digital publishers, etc.), internal strategy and investment teams, ad agencies and PR agencies to build, sell in and steward partnership programs
- Build creative partnership ideas that are tied to clear brand objectives and bring actionable results for the brand
- Introduce and steward content strategies as part of partnership programs; experience with the full process of creating and executing brand content strategies is advantageous
- Heavy client exposure, including be a key client contact and regularly presenting recommendations to clients
- Collaborate with internal, publisher and client measurement leads to establish and report on program KPIs
- Assist in changing the way brand messaging is delivered to consumers via partnerships to meet and exceed business objectives
- Seek innovative, data-driven and technology lead solutions whenever possible
- Ability to identify entertainment and consumer trends as well as an ability to think originally about partnerships and content strategies in conjunction with Samsung’s brand needs.
- Manage a team of supervisors and associates
Strategic Planning Practice
- Oversee the creation of a sound strategic framework that ladders to client business goals
- Bring leadership and maintain a strong relationship with key clients and agencies
- Deliver upon clients’ goals and objectives; work alongside business insights team to create effective measurement programs
- Be the focal point in disseminating the strategy down to each activation team
- Ensure timelines for strategic & tactical plans are met and accurate delivery of plans are presented to client for approval
- Oversee budget sign off from clients once plans approved & work with team to manage any follow up questions/next steps with activation teams during the implementation process
- Oversee of budget management with client
- Develop regular competitive analyses and collaborate with creative on segmentation development and profile enhancement
- Handle various client requests around targeting and strategic brand positioning
- Understand and report out consumer trends relevant to specific Samsung’s brand categories and each campaign’s targeting and brand needs
- Provide job performance feedback to subordinates and make recommendations to management
- Work on new business and client pitches when necessary
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about how media and creative ideas work together to build results-driven programs for clients. You are energized by both creative content and traditional strategy work. We’re looking for someone who has a unique mix of being a creative thinker, big idea dreamer, solid/traditional strategic planner, and a detailed-oriented manager. You know how to work well with all kinds of teams and across all levels. You can think big picture but also embrace day to day project management. You have a minimum of a Bachelors degree. If your degree is in marketing, advertising, communications, applied mathematics or consumer insights or related field, that’s a plus
We’re looking for an Associate Director who demonstrates these characteristics:
- Stellar strategic planner with experience in a traditional planning role
- Inherent passion for brand storytelling
- Entrepreneurial approach to working
- Natural leadership ability and skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines
- Direct, clear and effective communications style
- Creative disposition
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Be a leader in managing and developing a team from the ground up
- Experience working on large scale client
- Here are more details on the level of experience that’s required to excel in this position:
- You have 7+ years of related work experience specifically in strategic planning with brand content and/or creative strategy experience highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and cross-channel strategic planning experience with a focus on Broadcast and Digital partnership/integration programs
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities – ability to think unconventionally in proposing potential solutions or opportunities to issues
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- Established relationships with networks, digital publishers and content studios is a plus
- Knowledge of overall brand positioning and how to translate brand needs into creative concepts
- Superior organization skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams and oversee execution of numerous projects at one time
- Exposure to working with Integrated marketing communication teams and senior management
- Strong client relations skills and ability to strategically think from a client’s perspective
- Ability to think conceptually and to translate those concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
- Highly proficient in planning tools such as IMS and Mediatools; Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as other equivalent programs
Does this sound like you? Great! We’d love to hear from you. Click on the Apply Now button!
About Starcom Worldwide
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.